May 20th, 2016 - Sunnyvale, CA
Last Friday, cred attended Digital Growth Summit, hosted by MediaLeaders at the Silicon Valley Moffett Towers in Sunnyvale, CA. It was an intimate event, with 35 Digital Leaders from Facebook, Lending Club, Sprinklr, Visa and more discussing tips and tricks, actionable takeaways and real-use cases over the course of 10 compelling themes.
We noticed three key themes prominent in the discussions around Digital Marketing:
1. Make your organization customer-focused. In discussing CRM Best Practices, LiveRamp’s Lindsay Chastain, stressed the importance of making your of data standardization in order to deploy a CRM strategy successfully.
2. Create content that audiences want to consume. Highlighting Instagram and Snapchat, the panelists highlighted the importance of useful content:
- Case of success: Gatorade released a Superbowl filter on Snapchat that received 160 million impressions, demonstrating the powerful combination of perfect timing, smart platform usage, and innovative consumer engagement.
- Case of misuse: Snapchat’s release of a Bob Marley filter.
3. Be authentic. Be your own toughest critic. While sharing Influencer Campaign Best Practices, Oliver Roup of VigLink emphasized authenticity in campaigns and why companies need to keep content standards high. It can take just one post that feels inauthentic, for instance, a product placement, to drive audiences away.
MediaLeaders hosts Digital Growth Summit events that unite thousands of marketing, advertising and technology professional in LA and San Francisco. From these events, the MediaLeaders team stays on the bleeding edge of word-of-mouth marketing and they use this as their “secret sauce” to coach clients and advise brands on how to connect with their customers.